1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forum has been updated, please see this thread about it.

It's been a good run

Discussion in 'News' started by ToastyJustice, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xlls
    Busy

xlls Active Pony

Its a real shame to see this all happen:( . It was through MLP:Online and this forum built for it that I met many bronies who are now my close friends:D. But I look forward to seeing what comes next, from Starlight Studios. The best of luck for your new project^_^.
  2. Kittynator
    No Mood

Kittynator Pony

I actually asked, "What if Sanrio bought Lucafilms instead of Disney?" while posting this cartoon: as a joke.

Duke Nukem 3D Reloaded - No content of this game exists and dev team moved on.
    The Silver Lining - was initially King's Quest IX: Every Cloak Has A Silver Lining, changed due to legal issues. Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Silver_Lining_(video_game)#Delays_and_legal_issues
    You can download it from http://tsl-game.com

On a side note, I had a player from here play Hello Kitty Online. They said it was kinda like what MLP Online could've been, but they didn't continue to play it.
  3. Mexican Mau

Mexican Mau Pony

Did you not read it? They said that it was something Habro had no choice in, they either defended their trademark or lose it. The legal system forced them
  4. plankton0591
    Happy

plankton0591 Pony

Do I have to has an account to download the game? If The Silver Lining was going to be King's Quest IX, do I have to play King's Quest I though VIII to understand the game?
  5. Conpon
    Busy

Conpon Administrator Staff Member

Could you guys not go off-topic in this thread?
    Use a private conversation for questions like that, I'd like to keep this thread on-topic, if that cannot be done; I'll just lock it.
  6. CommanderPro100

CommanderPro100 New Pony

Hasbro already denied those remurs, there was a post on EQD about it.
  7. Instant Surprise
    Sweettooth

Instant Surprise Pony

The only good that could come of Disney buying Hasbro is.................. well, for one thing, I would personally enjoy ponified Disney movies. Just so long as no NEW Disney movies were made of ponies.
  8. Turbotowns
    Cool

Turbotowns New Pony

ok, that makes me feel better. ^_^

Well, thats stupid. T_T

i like where Spartan Cammander is going.

they'll probally put a the link to the new site, (if they don't just remodel this one) in a new thread.

You sound like Twilight Sparkle, herself. T_T
  9. plankton0591
    Happy

plankton0591 Pony

You don't like Twilight Sparkle. :(
  10. Phrozen Flame
    Angelic

Phrozen Flame Pony

It's a shame...
  11. Conpon
    Busy

We'll most likely send out an e-mail with an announcement once we have a website created.
    This website/forum will stay as it is, perhaps we have to change the domain name but that's about it, we'll most likely leave it as a general MLP forum.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. plankton0591
    Happy

plankton0591 Pony

That's ok, it's better than being down for good.
  13. Gisei
    Roflmao

Gisei Pony

Well, even though I'm only a month old brony i'm glad i was able to get the game the week before it got stopped. hmm you're going to make a new website? what will happen to this site? :(
  14. Conpon
    Busy

15. Legal User
    Sweettooth

Legal User Pony

Well from what I know from my limited amount of law you can ask The Hasbro Lawyers if an agreement can be settled. Chances are is that they might agree and there is a chance lawyers won't even tell their bosses but it can be done by asking people who do work but are not in the legal section of hasbro to ask higher ups if anything you probably can get this signed off as free advertising for them they would go for that. Another thing that might work is trying to get the game sold under their copyright but it would be a pain in the flank.

But still good on you guys for sticking through it to the end
  16. Gisei
    Roflmao

Gisei Pony

Hmmm how about I place a suggestion to Hasbro to hire Contex as their official Site manager ^_^
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Instant Surprise
    Sweettooth

Instant Surprise Pony

You cannot be too optimistic. There is no such thing as too optimistic.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  18. Instant Surprise
    Sweettooth

Instant Surprise Pony

YESYESYEYSEYSESYESYEYSEYSYEYSEYYSYEYSYEYSYEYSYEYYEYS!!!
    It might even happen.
    Hopefully... but if it doesn't.... well, I'm glad we have the game for those who had the chance to downlaod it.
  19. Alfonso Sasso
    Relaxed

Alfonso Sasso New Pony

thanks for news
  20. Gisei
    Roflmao

Gisei Pony

And the news thanks you as well ^_^
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.