1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forum has been updated, please see this thread about it.

It's been a good run

Discussion in 'News' started by ToastyJustice, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flutterloodity
    Asleep

Flutterloodity New Pony

Awww. How unfortunate. But where one story ends, another begins. The end of MLP Online could be the beginning of an even better game!
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. plankton0591
    Happy

plankton0591 Pony

But who reported it? It wasn't me.
  3. Rar1ty
    Question

Rar1ty Global Moderator

Maybe an anti-brony group or Hasbro just googled My Little Pony online games because this site is on the first google page.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. kirbycarr2
    No Mood

kirbycarr2 Pony

Sometimes you just gotta let things go.
    It is sad to see such a wonderful project have to go, but what came out of it is what really made it all worth it. New friends, lots of fun, and plenty of amazing discoveries. MLPOnline is now gone, but all it's memories shall stay. Hope everyone enjoyed their time developing, testing, playing, and most of all: joining the community of MLPOnline. I hope to see all of you in the future!^_^

~MLP:Online: April 2011-November 2012. RIP~
    • Like Like x 1
  5. trainee

trainee Team Developer

We don't have any details on who reported this to Hasbro, but I wouldn't worry about it too much since it is the Internet.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. mike
    Cynical

mike Pony

I liked the idea behind the game, are you guys allowed to talk about where the game might have gone if it hadn't been black-balled?
  7. Shadran
    Cold

Shadran Pony

Like trainee said, the game was downloaded more than 17000 times, and also announced on EQD (they also made a banner to welcome the first episode), so it was well known to both bronies and non bronies.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. plankton0591
    Happy

plankton0591 Pony

If the game was more secret, this probably won't happened.
  9. trainee

trainee Team Developer

That's not a bad idea, I don't see why not. Might have to do it in a different thread.
  10. mike
    Cynical

mike Pony

I'm kinda just a bit starting to become dis-enchanted with the community in general, I like it, but at the same time, I dis-like how there are people out there who'd get a project shut down, just because.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Viper96
    Asleep

Viper96 New Pony

It's really sad it had to end, but it was fun while it lasted. I wish you the best of luck for your future project and I look forward to playing it :D
    • Like Like x 1
  12. mike
    Cynical

mike Pony

(Thanks!)
  13. Conpon
    Busy

Conpon Administrator Staff Member

And we don't know if anyone even reported it to Hasbro, so starting to make up things around that is pointless.
    There's nothing we can do so it's better to let it go and look forward instead :)
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Bluenight
    Tired

Bluenight Pony Helper Outer

What are you talking about? I don't think any bronies reported this to Hasbro.
  15. mike
    Cynical

mike Pony

Not necessarily a brony, just people in general that'd do this, though as Contex just said, it's entirely possible that nobody reported it. I should probably stop speculating before this gets blown out of proportion.
  16. trainee

trainee Team Developer

I think mike is referring to the hate the MLP FiM community is receiving since it's big now. Remember, haters are gonna hate.
  17. Rainy_Daze
    Mellow

Rainy_Daze New Pony

Darn.
    Well that sucks. It was a good game, well best of luck in any and all future endeavors.^_^
  18. Rar1ty
    Question

Rar1ty Global Moderator

Yes haters are gonna hate and they can keep their spongebob because I'll take MLP anyday.
  19. Snowpoint
    Chatty

Snowpoint New Pony

i didn't even gat time to the first-play.:'(:[DXTT_TTD^_^_< :( i'm very sad.
  20. Bluenight
    Tired

Bluenight Pony Helper Outer

Anyway, let's not focus on the bad. Let's focus on the good.

I feel as though everyone involved in this had a great time, from the Developers to the players.
    [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.