1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forum has been updated, please see this thread about it.

It's been a good run

Discussion in 'News' started by ToastyJustice, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirbycarr2
    No Mood

kirbycarr2 Pony

Sometimes it's best to think about the future than it is to think about the past. The future is bright for the MLPOnline team, and all we can do is wish them good luck. Thanks everybody for making MLPOnline what it is. Hope you all had fun!^_^
  2. mike
    Cynical

mike Pony

Yeah, more or less, where's your avatar from?
  3. H3adHunt3r
    Cool

H3adHunt3r New Pony

Don't worry guys, this isn't the end.
    They might create another MLP final fantasy style RPG that doesn't infringe any copyrights. :D

God Bless the MLPO team and hope their future projects succeed.
  4. ToastyJustice
    No Mood

ToastyJustice Team Member Staff Member

As I mentioned in the announcement, Salty will be posting a eulogy. It will cover our project history and some of where we were taking MLP:Online.
  5. mike
    Cynical

mike Pony

ERMAHGERD! Toasty quoted me! I think I might have just got a 100 point trophy, XD. Seriously though, I'm excited that there is something new on the horizon that I have yet to experience.
  6. Spider-Man
    Spaced

Spider-Man New Pony

Sad news, it really is a shame when a project like this gets shut down for copyright reasons. It hurt pretty bad a few years ago when a Chrono Trigger fan sequel got hit by a cease and desist order, but that one was playing with fire from the beginning requiring a rom to play after all. This is basically a fan made advertisement for their property. Ah well, guess it is, what it is.

Anyway! Hats off to you guys for what you've accomplished! Episode one was a blast to play, you can really feel what you guys poured into it. Shame we won't be able to find out what happens now, hell of a cliff hanger we were left on! This is all a little concerning though, what of other fan projects that have been in the making? Couple of really good ones I'd hate to see get hit with one those those letters.
  7. wakuboys
    Tired

wakuboys Pony

I just wish this could have lasted longer,but at least we can hope for another experience,such as this one.
  8. mike
    Cynical

mike Pony

They're posting a eulogy soonish. But yeah, I super hope they don't hit welcome to ponyville, I can't wait to see it finish!
  9. Jack Pipsam

Jack Pipsam New Pony

I am gutted.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. mike
    Cynical

mike Pony

Your link scares me, but at the same time I know it's lying as I'm a ginger, so I'm not sure what it stole but it wasn't a soul, XD
  11. SpartanCommander

SpartanCommander Pony

What!??? How did you get a copy write violation your not only not making money off this but you also have a disclaimer their shouldn't be any legal problems. If this is a violation with copy wright then everything in the pony franchise is a copy write violation even with non profit disclaimers.

IT also seem's a waist of time to pursue guy's who don't make money off these things and even say they don't own the stuff their basing the game off and not going after guys who actually steal the ideas say it's their own and make money off it. I mean the government group they put in this copy write stuff is really strange to be honest.

Right now this project of theirs to protect against copy wright infrigment is getting out of hand and now going after the wrong people. They should at least have checked with Hasbro before sending the notice.

I also hope I can help with the next project somehow.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. plankton0591
    Happy

plankton0591 Pony

I'm exactly exciting to see what the next game is. Maybe it will be better than this. Now I'm happy, excited for the new game that might be coming.
  13. Divinedoodoo
    Confused

Divinedoodoo New Pony

wow, just wow. can't wait for the eulogy then I suppose. I mean I was really hooked on the story line, it was the main reason i wanted to stay optimistic for the projects life. It's like im waiting on a new book to my favorite series to come out XD
  14. Conpon
    Busy

Conpon Administrator Staff Member

Hasbro was the one who sent the DMCA notice, at least their law firm did.
  15. mike
    Cynical

mike Pony

DMCA, ruining fan-projects since the '90s.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bluenight
    Tired

Bluenight Pony Helper Outer

Remember guys, we need to stay positive. There is no use in getting angry at others. Like I said before, let's focus on the good times we had and the good times to come.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Shadran
    Cold

Shadran Pony

They did, and Hasbro risks to lose their copyrights if they don't take legal actions in cases like this.

Really, there is no reason to be angry, they're forced to act.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Turbotowns
    Cool

Turbotowns New Pony

Ahh, wha... this... this is bull, MLP Online was one of my favorite games of all time! :'(
  19. Alexapoda
    Innocent

Alexapoda Pony

Something is wrong with this law. A company should not be forced to act against its will regarding content that it owns.
    This had better not happen to Fighting is Magic too.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Shadow Chicken Pie
    In-Love

Shadow Chicken Pie Global Moderator

It's awful, very awful DX that the game is suspended and won't be continued on. I can't say I'm too happy with the copyright laws nowadays. If few things in this world that needs to change, one of it would be changing the copyrights. If there was no strict ones ever then there would be fantastic games all over the internet for anyone choosing to play. Copyrights truly upsets me but there isn't much can be done.

I would like to take my time to thank the staffs and members here ever since I discovered MLP Online. It was from seeing one of videos of the game on youtube and saw the link to this forum that I came to love and find the best forum community I can be with. I already meet a lots of new people from here and that's a lot more than other forums I tried meeting good friends (I probably have 2 to none friends anywhere else). I wish the best of luck with the next project very much.

Ugh, the copyrights really hits me deep when I think about it. They find out about this and it violates it but one of the fighting game I play online in the past doesn't get violated and the comminuty there is not too friendly.
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.