1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forum has been updated, please see this thread about it.

It's been a good run

Discussion in 'News' started by ToastyJustice, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpartanCommander

SpartanCommander Pony

I'm' not angry at Hasbro I'm angry at the Government organization that was put in place to enforce the copy write laws with a way to do it that's fundementally flawed. Especially since their are easier and better way s to enforce it. Like cutting a websites funding on one that's using copy write infrigement so the guy who's making money off it stopps and the site dies on it's own and guy's who aren't making money off it aren't affected so people who aren't actually violating it don't get punished.
  2. plankton0591
    Happy

plankton0591 Pony

I agree. If Hasbro liked this, they should not have to take it down.
  3. Snubb
    Lurking

Snubb New Pony

Aww man, I joined this forum 3 days ago so I could comment on your updates, and now this? Copyright laws are really one of the biggest creativity stoppers out there.

I will be keeping your great game, so I can still play it once in a while. I also can't wait for the day when your new game comes to fruition. One more waiting game it seems.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. firekirby135
    Spaced

firekirby135 Active Pony

Yeah, can't say I didn't see this coming. It's sad, but what everyone says is true. We must look towards the future. We must stay positive and look at the bright side. Just look at the community this game alone started. I'm glad it'll stay, even though the name and domain may change.
    Also, I really like the name Starlight Studios. It reminds me of a little rhyme I really liked as a kid. It goes something along the notes of this:

Star light, star bright,​
    first star I see tonight.​
    I wish I may,​
    I wish I might,​
    have the wish I wish tonight.​

I'll leave it at that, and the fact that this is always my go-to forums. I wish you guys luck with your endevors, that you may continue to entertain us with your amazing work, and I wish I may have that wish.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Alexapoda
    Innocent

Alexapoda Pony

And I'm pretty sure they liked it. Half the money they make on ponies is because of the brony community established on and around fan works like these.
    Something needs to change.
  6. Rar1ty
    Question

Rar1ty Global Moderator

Please stop complaining about copyright laws. Copyright laws are what keeps a business alive. Without copyright laws or just less of them companies would be ruined resulting in the loss of jobs for millions.
  7. ajtpak

ajtpak New Pony

Agreed, that's pretty messed up they have to go against the project even if they liked it...
  8. Bluenight
    Tired

Bluenight Pony Helper Outer

Remember guys, the Copyright laws may be a little flawed, but it is to ensure fairness. How would it be fair if a company let some violations get away while it tracked down others. In the end, all violations have to be dealt with, otherwise the company that owns the copyright would be bias.

On another note, we should all not only look at the positives of this community, but there was a new episode today...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. plankton0591
    Happy

plankton0591 Pony

Man, you both make a good point. It's hard to choose between the two of you.
  10. BrainJack
    No Mood

BrainJack Pony

Might Hasbro be able to find a loophole? Like maybe have the game count as an advertisement on paper
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. plankton0591
    Happy

plankton0591 Pony

Oh man, I forget. What was the episode about?
  12. Shadran
    Cold

Shadran Pony

Scootaloo and camping, it was really good
  13. Rar1ty
    Question

Rar1ty Global Moderator

Can somepony say SPOILER?
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Alexapoda
    Innocent

Alexapoda Pony

The existence of Copyright laws is not the problem here. It's the fact that a company shouldn't be forced to bring down a project if it's against its will. Copyright laws exist so that a company may do with its content what it pleases, and so far Hasbro has chosen to support the brony community to the extent of letting people upload Pony episodes to Youtube. My gut tells me this wasn't their choice.
  15. Bluenight
    Tired

Bluenight Pony Helper Outer

Maybe they didn't want to take it down, but they had to. Either everyone is allowed to use the copyrighted material or only the company that owns it. But let's not be sad. We have a lot to look forward to.
  16. plankton0591
    Happy

plankton0591 Pony

I think someone force them to do this. I don't know who, but someone. Hasbro will never do this willingly.
  17. firekirby135
    Spaced

firekirby135 Active Pony

I don't think they let them, I think it was just the fact they had no choice. So many episodes were being uploaded constantly daily that they couldn't possibly have dealt with them all. Therefore, they just gave up at a certain point.
  18. Rar1ty
    Question

Rar1ty Global Moderator

I don't think anypony is going to force a fortune 500 company to do something unless you're the owner or somewhere in the higher ranks of the company, which means it would still be Hasbro.
  19. SpartanCommander

SpartanCommander Pony

THere should be a petitian for that a company doesn't have to be forced to shut down a fan project if they like it or if they don't wan to shut it down it's the company's property it should be up to them to decide if they want to inforce it or not.

It's especially scary because if that's true with the laws not that means I can see signs that just about every buisness will likely be forced to sue most other buisnesses in the world and even for things that are not really copy wright infringements. This being forced to sue people they don't want to can likely create a major problem for a compaanies financhial assets to keep people employed. it cost's money to sue someone and even more is someone doesn't settle. I can see major problems on the horizons with not just Hasbro.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. CocaNick
    Lurking

CocaNick Pony

Sorry to hear about this and honestly I don't get the point of losing copyright if you don't do something if I understod right on the post.
    Thanks for a great game and I wish you the best for the future game(s).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.