1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forum has been updated, please see this thread about it.

It's been a good run

Discussion in 'News' started by ToastyJustice, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trainee

trainee Team Developer

I can't remember where I got it from, but it was way before the day imageboards like 4chan were around. Like those few and hard to find fan anime sites. Actually, now that I think about it, I think I got it from hongfire in the adult section or something.
  2. Alexapoda
    Innocent

Alexapoda Pony

XD Maybe you're right. Bronies can kind of be an unrelenting force like that. >_<
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ToastyJustice
    No Mood

ToastyJustice Team Member Staff Member

Trademark violations occur simply through the use of a trademarked character, style, or other media. If you would like to review for yourself, it is article 15 U.S.C. §§ 1125.

As I said, it is not through any fault of Hasbro. This is the way that U.S. law works, and if you want to change it, I suggest contacting your local representative.

Keep an eye our over the next day for more information about how to help out with the project and what we are looking for!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Maharito
    Notworthy

Maharito New Pony

Wow...way to be strong-hearted, guys. Hard to imagine any other fan community withstanding such an unfortunate blow without falling apart amid the drama. An inspiration to developers everywhere!
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. BrainJack
    Thinking

BrainJack Pony

yes we should contact them so that this flaw in the copy right law can be fixed
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. ToastyJustice
    No Mood

Whatever your opinion on copyright law, please keep this post on the topic of the project ending.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. Rar1ty
    In-Love

Rar1ty Global Moderator

Yes and lets talk positive about the new Starlight Studios.
  8. ToastyJustice
    No Mood

It's unfortunate that is how things went, but we're glad to have you around regardless!

And don't fret, we have something special in mind for the new one.
  9. Alexapoda
    Innocent

Alexapoda Pony

eep! >_< Sorry :'(
  10. firekirby135
    Spaced

firekirby135 Active Pony

Well, can you at least give us a little hint as to what you guys are thinking of in terms of your next project? Or are you not that far into discussing that yet?
  11. Midnight_Blitz
    Stressed

Midnight_Blitz Global Moderator

That's what I'm thinking now. What I really want to say, is that this is really a sad thing to hear. Understandable, but sad. I can see the community breaking up quite a bit now that the news is out... and honestly, that's what saddens me the most.

Bright side, new game. Fresh start. less Pinkies on screen (then again, it's Pinkie), hey, maybe it'll be better built than MLPO. Will be looking forward to that and the eulogy.

I wonder...
  12. pyrojim
    Spaced

pyrojim Donator

so does anyone have the latest version of the game and want to post a down load link. i missed the last four or five updates
  13. Shadran
    Cold

Shadran Pony

We can't legally do it, sorry. It's up to the devs if they want their game to still be downloaded from private links
  14. Conpon
    Busy

Conpon Administrator Staff Member

You can still share it amongst eachother, I refer to trainee's post:

15. SpartanCommander

SpartanCommander Pony

According to this and since disclaimers and non profic obviously means nothing then it means that they can force companies to sue, fanfiction.net, Youtube, Hulu, hongfire, adventurequest and it's spinoffs, Fimfiction.net, just about every transformers site, Wikipedia, Space Battles forum, theforce.net, Deviantart.net, All Torrent sites and searches, anything even remotely assosiated with Disney or Marvel or DC (and their are a ton of sites like that), and many other sites that are very popular and have been around for quite some time. Looking this over it means that they can practically force anyone to sue another person they can even force DC to Sue Marvel because Deadpool was origionally created as a spin off Character of DC's Death Stroke. And since their is no way for anyone to tell the group that this wouldn't work they can't help but waist good money and resources into a pointless suing match that would result in acomplishing nothing of practical importance other than maybe Marvel being forced to get rid of one of their favorite characters.
  16. Vivian
    Lurking

Vivian Active Pony

well this is sad. I can't say how happy I am, though, that all of you stuck together through it all and decided to keep making more games TTwTT Like the thread says, it's been a good run.
  17. mike
    Flirty

mike Pony

O_o, (Sad thing is I am a member of Hongfire too, thought about making one of those RPG maker games that everyone has made, but I lacked an original idea, I understodd how to use it though it really isn't that hard to write the scripts and everything.)
  18. SpartanCommander

SpartanCommander Pony

(also this site is not commercializing what their doing (making money) so according to the law their shouldn't be a problem with this site. Since they are ignoring that part when they made the issue it means the fact that your not violating the rule which is clearly stated here isn't that important to who's making the accusation.

This project can also be considered a way to promote the origional product which also throws the acusation into even more question. Who was the guy who said this was a violation did he actually have legal training?
  19. Bluenight
    Tired

Bluenight Pony Helper Outer

Guys, at this point, we can't really argue against it. The best thing to do is not get angry about it. I understand, it feels unfair. Trust me, I'm here almost everyday. I know what you guys are feeling.

But if we begin to get angry or start playing the "blame game," then we will lose the argument in the end. I wish it didn't have to be this way either, but I also don't blame anyone or anything for this happening. It seems we got unlucky to me. The best thing to do is bounce back stronger and more positive than ever.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. ToastyJustice
    No Mood

It was not a C&D, only a complaint. It was quite clear that if, taken further, it would have gone that direction. We may post the complaint, but will be holding off on that for now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.