1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forum has been updated, please see this thread about it.

It's been a good run

Discussion in 'News' started by ToastyJustice, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpartanCommander

SpartanCommander Pony

Also according to the cyber priacy part it's mostly talking about the domain name. It looks like that if you changed the domain name their shouldn't be that much problems any more. It's a bit strange though but it looks like that their is a possability that the mlponline name is the problem in itself as far as their cyber piracy polacies are concerned that relate to this.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. ToastyJustice
    No Mood

ToastyJustice Team Member Staff Member

We know quite well what our next project will be. It's still in its early stages, but it will be a doozy!
  3. Midnight_Blitz
    Depressed

Midnight_Blitz Global Moderator

I'm sorry, I guess I misread the first post. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
  4. Fire
    Amused

Fire Pony

Well the game turned out well anyhow, good luck with the new project. :)
  5. SteelEagle

SteelEagle New Pony

There isn't an argument to lose.

Well, this is a kick in the pants. The first game I played where AJ was a true badass, too. Since we won't see the rest of the game, what sort of stuff was coming up in the story and how did characters continue to progress?
  6. Midnight_Blitz
    Depressed

Eulogy coming soon. Be patient. :D
  7. Kerlc
    Cynical

Kerlc Active Pony

To say this very bluntly:

buck me with a pogo stick, i am sad.

Still, best not to sit on it and cry pointless tears. We've got a brand new Indie company out of it, and i'm damned enthusiastic about seeing your new project. Here, people of Starlight Studios, i raise my mug to thee.

Your new project has recieved a very dwarfy blessing. Now go and make us a most splendid game.
  8. ToastyJustice
    No Mood

ToastyJustice Team Member Staff Member

Salty will be posting about that sometime over the weekend.
  9. Kerlc
    Cynical

Kerlc Active Pony

I would just like to punctuate what I said earlier with this song:
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Snubb
    Lurking

Snubb New Pony

Now that the story can't continue in the game itself, I'd like to see a fanfic continuing the story.
    Someone please write one! :D
  11. Waka

Waka Pony

Damn... sucks to hear. You guys put a lot of work into this, it's a shame something as silly as the US law can be such a apple-block.

In the end, it was probably a great learning experience for everyone, and we made a lot of friendships through this. If you guys are down for some TF2 whenever, I'm probably on steam 24/7 ;)
  12. SonOfTheNorthe

SonOfTheNorthe New Pony

You know what I'd like to see?
    When someone reports a game for copyright/trademark infringement, Hasbro gives the team a license to make hat game.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Shadran
    Cold

Shadran Pony

Great idea! If it wasn't for my bad english I would be writing right now!
  14. JoshuaFizer

JoshuaFizer New Pony

So will we ever find out what would have happened next? Even if it's released in script or story form, the one thing I want to know is WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. ​
    This whole debacle is understandable. Regrettable, but understandable. I can't wait to see what new project you guys have in store.​
    Peace.​
  15. Midnight_Blitz
    Depressed

Yep. That. Eulogy.
  16. Waka

Waka Pony

of course the problem with that is Hasbro would have to oversee EVERY part of that game to make sure it's quality enough. And then it'll also look bad if a game they licensed was made by people that weren't paid a cent. That kinda stuff.

Trademarks and licenses are stupid.
  17. Cudle

Cudle Team Writer

Well hey, that's not a bad idea, now is it?

Being writers for the game and all, perhaps Mario and I could write up what the game was going to be?
  18. Midnight_Blitz
    Depressed

Ooh! Ooh! Get the artists to help make it a picture book! xD

But really, I never thought of that.
  19. Snubb
    Lurking

Snubb New Pony

That would be awesome. Seriously, the cliffhanger you guys left us at in episode 1 has been bugging me ever since I finished the episode. XD
  20. Videogameget
    Question

Videogameget Pony

Before everypony leaves, I have something for all of you!

I can at least give you guys the OST of the MLP:Online game. With album art and all organized and ready for iTunes!

You can grab your copy, by clicking below this text on the link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6l9g69svb970l6l

Has custom art and everything. Grab your package here and enjoy the music by the awesome composer Hupondroid!

I enjoyed this project so much but it is sad to see it go, maybe sometime in the future...

Well, that's all folks!

-Videogameget
    • Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.