1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forum has been updated, please see this thread about it.

Episode 1 Released!

Discussion in 'News' started by ToastyJustice, Nov 1, 2012.

1. ToastyJustice
    No Mood

ToastyJustice Team Member Staff Member

Ladies and Gentlemen, fillies and gentlecolts, and everything in between those four categories. It’s here. Episode 1: First Contact.

image.jpg

The download is at the top, as per usual, though in case you hadn’t heard, we have multiple options for downloading: Installer, zips, and torrents. The download page has more details.

If this is your first time playing the game, we’ve tried our best to make it simple and easy to learn. However, there are a few things you will need to know:

Press E to show what areas you can walk through, where they go (blue) and what objects you can examine (red). Sometimes you need to be very close to examine something.

You can hold shift to run, press caps-lock to toggle running and walking, and press T to toggle trotting and walking.

For our returning beta users:

Things are mostly the same, except the characters now have access to Talents. Read them and pick the ones you like, you start with 3 talent points for both characters. (Salty’s favourite is Arcane Knowledge). Some of them were not included because they are either incomplete, or reference skills that do not appear in E1.

If you notice any critical bugs, crashes, or freezes, let us know asap on the forums here. We’ve got our forums ponies patrolling around the clock to help you out.

Oh and, happy belated Halloween. We hope this game is spooky enough for you.

I need a drink.

EDIT: Please bear with us as our server attempts to handle you folks! We have setup quite a few download mirrors, and if you have hosting that you can provide, please get in contact with Contex to help share the load!

EDIT 2: Thanks to Equestria Daily and Equestria Gaming for the features! To deal with all the traffic we have bumped up the power of our server, and will add some additional load balancing tomorrow if it continues.
    • Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. DeSu1023
    No Mood

DeSu1023 Active Pony

3. kirbycarr2
    No Mood

kirbycarr2 Pony

Congrats on the release team!
    EDIT: Great job! Finished Episode 1 a little while ago (When the site was down). An amazing job, I can really see all the effort and big changes put into it after beta 110b version! Congrats to the whole MLPOnline team! :)
  4. Conpon
    Busy

Conpon Administrator Staff Member

Any issues with the downloading / torrent should be reported to me, send me a private message or an e-mail: [email protected]

Addition to that, you might notice the website going a bit slow, it's due to the amount of traffic we are getting today. Try using the torrent instead if you're having issues with downloading :)
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. colinkochevar

colinkochevar New Pony

AWW YEEEAAHHH!
  6. SaltyJustice
    Dead

SaltyJustice Team Developer

I love how I wrote the part about "I need a drink" and Toasty posted it without noticing. Bravo.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. ToastyJustice
    No Mood

Oh I noticed, it was staying in!
  8. Bluenight
    Tired

Bluenight Pony Helper Outer

Congrats guys! First few hours of the game being released and so many people wanted to download it, that they over-crowded the website. That is awesomely amazing! Just shows how much anticipation this game has. Great job.
  9. Snappy J
    Lurking

Snappy J Global Moderator

Gamers are killin' this site, man! XD
  10. ToastyJustice
    No Mood

Added a second edit to the main post. Thanks for all the downloads and patience while we work on dealing with the ravenous bandwidth consumption from you eager pony folks!
  11. Snappy J
    Lurking

Snappy J Global Moderator

I can't actually get this game to run. ^_^;
    I'll try again later.
  12. Reelix

Reelix New Pony

Torrent downloaded fine, game installed fine, but crashed on splash screen:

[​IMG]

Subsequent retries (Running Launcher.exe) brings up the launch screen, downloads an /END, runs, then insta-crashes.

Anything I can do to help debug? :)

On a side note, try moving all the DLL's to a sub-folder (Yes, you can reference DLL's outside the main folder :p) as it's getting rather cluttered with non-user-friendly stuff :p

- Edit -

Running run.bat displays the following when the crash happens:

G:\Games\MLP Online\MLPOnline>MLPOnlineStatic.exe -starttrace
    Allegro finished init at 0.027302
    -Begin Standard Setup
    Build Managers
    L12KO12D|Display - ABCDEFGHIJK - Display|12
    Finished init of the LoadInterrupt at 0.425526
    G12G1NSSGMC
    Done Managers
    Execute Lua Files

- Edit 2 -

You really need a crashlog :p
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Chocobroni
    Tired

Chocobroni Active Pony

My client crashes in the same moment as yours. I already tried to do the changes suggested in the doc provided in the facebook page but the result is the same.
  14. Onyx Fog
    Artistic

Onyx Fog Active Pony

You ponies even have your own header on EQD!
    Huzzah! :D
  15. sbloom85
    Bored

sbloom85 Pony

I'm having the same problem as Reelix and Chocobroni, but when I use the zip version, it runs without a hitch. I'm going to reinstall it tomorrow and copy some files from the zip version into the client version.

I think I might know what's wrong. I tried copying the main dll files first, which did nothing, then I copied over all of the data files including the uncompressed folder, and that got it to run.

Yeah, copying the uncompressed folder helped.
  16. Reelix

Reelix New Pony

There's an "Edit" button at the bottom of each of your posts to avoid double-posting.

I hope the dev's release a patch to fix the torrent build :p
  17. bryfury
    Cloud_9

bryfury Pony

um... when i download the installer, i get a file with nothing, jus a blank file, no exe... am i doing something wrong?

EDIT: i downloaded the zip and i still got the blank file, but i could get into it by opening another zip file, then returning one step, then choosing the file, and then i could unzip it to my game folder. it works... but why do i keep getting these blank files?
  18. Lightning Tumble
    Busy

Lightning Tumble Donator

yay im not here to file any problems im just really late to the party to say congrats, you've come far!
  19. Shadowmere
    Lurking

Shadowmere Active Pony

Mine starts up and runs just fine except for the fact that all the ponies except Twilight are multicolored Pinkie Pies. XD I'm going to try downloading it again tomorrow and see if it fixes the problem. Other than that minor issue, it looks great! I like that there's a loading screen now and I also like the little story opening, too.
  20. Conpon
    Busy

Conpon Administrator Staff Member

If you need help or have a bug to report, please use the "Help and Support" forum here: http://mlponline.net/forums/help-and-support.22/

There seems to be an issue with the installer, so download the .zip for now while we work on getting it fixed.